Monday, April 11, 2011

Gluten-Free Goodness

I wanted to share about two of my new favorite Gluten-Free foods and they are both from Trader Joe's.

Soft-Baked Snickerdoodles



All I can say is that these are AMAZING. They are not only gluten free, they are also vegan and free of the 8 common allergens (gluten, wheat, milk, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, eggs or soy). They are incredibly soft and moist, they practically melt in your mouth. I taste molasses in these, which must come from the brown cane sugar they use to sweeten them and they also use fruit juice concentrate. They taste a little different than I remember my mom's homemade snickerdoodles tasting, but they are still really yummy.



Peruvian Chimichurri Rice



We first picked this up for Matt a while back because it looked like something that he would enjoy. When we'd cook it for him, it always smelled and looked really good. His favorite way to eat this is with tortilla chips. At first I wasn't sure if this was gluten free or not because it doesn't have the little symbol on the package, but I saw that on the Trader Joe's website it is listed under the gluten free foods. For me, I was really hesitant to try it at first because even though it is gluten-free, there are times when I am sensitive to other foods as well. But I finally gave in the other night and it was delicious! It is a tad bit spicy, but not too spicy. I can handle a little spice, but have never enjoyed really spicy foods. Mostly I taste the cilantro in it. I cooked up some of the Trader Joe's Jalapeno Chicken Sausage with it, which I also LOVE and it was a really quick and delicious dish!

These are both a must to try whether you eat gluten-free or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Living With A Duchess | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates